Great opportunity for talented Operations Supervisor to join a Global company supporting London Heathrow infrastructure. £36k basic plus LW, Shift Allowance and Bonus - £44k package. Apply now to start a great career!
FUEL OPERATIONS SHIFT SUPERVISOR – HEATHROW
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join our Airport Energy team as an Operations Supervisor supporting airside refuelling operations of Ground Service Equipment across Heathrow and Gatwick airports. Our Global vlient is a leading liquid fuels distribution company.
We specialise in the supply of high-quality fuels across a number of sectors including Airports, Domestic and Commercial customers. Being owned by one of Brazil’s largest companies we benefit from being part of a corporate organisation with the agility of a medium sized business.
We are fast-paced, people focused, driven by innovation and our customer relationships. We are proud of our People and culture and are always looking for enthusiastic and positive individuals to join and develop in our inclusive workplace. We have airport operations across Heathrow, Gatwick, Stanstead and Edinburgh airports, four depot locations across the South plus two operating centres in East and West London with our Head office in Southampton.
Job Role & Duties
As an Operations Supervisor, you will be supporting the effective and safe management of both airside and landside fuel delivery Driver teams to exceed Customer expectations through achieving both the maximum level of productivity and compliance.
SHIFT PATTERN: 4 days on, 4 days off day shifts 06.00 – 18.00 / night shifts 18.00 – 06.00 inclusive of break times.
Role and responsibilities include:
With safety as the overall paramount consideration, you will ensure the following duties are completed:
• Supervise the activities of airport shift drivers, assisting with the management of Staff planning including working time, hours, leave, sickness planning and acting as a cover Driver (in the event of an absence) working at any of our UK airports
• Maintain refuelling and other equipment at fuel stations and on mobile trucks in a safe and serviceable state, you will assist in routine maintenance activities if required
• Gather and process driver, vehicle, site safety and other data required correctly, producing reports deemed necessary in good time, these include; monitoring and reporting fuel site safety checks, vehicle safety checks
• Undertaking or assisting with risk assessment requirements
• Ensuring all supervised Staff are carrying out their duties in line with all of our policies and procedures.
• Correctly report and record any incidents and accidents
• Plus, general support to our West London, East London terminal-based HGV fuels tanker drivers, and Fawley Refinery night shift drivers.
• Monitor, Manage and respond to Out of Hours Calls on behalf of our Fuel Operations (Night Shift Supervisor Only).
You will work with the Operations Manager to meet Customer needs and resolve any Customer service issues.
• Dispensing ADblue according to Customer requirements
• Gathering Customer fuel monitor fitting details
• Programming and installing fuel monitor devices
• Maintaining good working relationships with Heathrow Airport Limited airside operations and service partners to enhance operational efficiency As a supervisor, you will communicate and work effectively with other Team members and carry to 121 reviews with those you supervised. You will assist the Operations Manager by giving them relevant feedback regarding each team.
• Basic of £36,000 per annum • Shift allowance at £2720 per annum • London Weighting £2093 • Bonus starting at £3000 per annum
• 24 days holiday per annum
• Life Assurance 4x basic salary
• Contributory Pension (4.5% Employee and 4.5% Employer contribution)
• Employee Perks portal, GP helpline and assistance programmes
Skills and Attributes required
• A minimum of two years HGV experience
• Full UK drivers license with category C
• ADR in Tanks with relevant Class 3
• DCPC and Digital Tach Card • Petroleum Drivers Passport is preferable
• Previous experience as a Fuel Tanker Driver is preferable
• Good level of numerical and literacy skills. Ability to use IT based systems, MS Outlook or similar to input and extract data
• Knowledge of fuels industry
• Must possess strong technical skills to fit and maintain fuels equipment • Strong supervisory and leadership skills
• Necessary knowledge and skills in fuelling operations plus the ability to plan ahead and prioritise workload and be technically astute, capable of interpreting and applying legislation to a working operation
Interested in joining us and being part of a global organisation who truly value their employees, encourage development and progression? If yes, apply today, we’d love to hear from you!