TRANSPORT TEAM LEADER - NIGHTS
As one of the leading independent laundry service companies in the UK, my client is currently going through a period of significant growth. A key element of our expansion includes the recruitment of Transport Team Leaders.
Role Hours : NIGHTS - 8.00 p.m. to 8.00 a.m. 4 on, 4 off
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our wonderful Transport Team and provide support to the Transport Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Transport Manager in managingthe on-site transport team, which will include:
- Conducting regular performance reviews, as well as dealing with day- to- day
operations, including liaising with our customers either face to face or phone/email
- Carrying out daily driver de-briefs and ensuring any non-compliance is reported
- Managing driver risk profile and identifying and supporting driver training needs
- Accident investigation and management
- Driver CPC training
- Licence checking and ensuring driver and vehicles are legally compliant
- Supporting the TM to ensure KPI’s and budgetary targets are met.
- Ensuring driver and vehicle compliance in terms of WTD regulations, planned
maintenance and inspections.
We are looking for candidates who have real ambition and are eager to progress as our plans for growth continue.
To be considered for the role, you will need previous experience of leading a fast-paced transport team, including the ability to engage and drive your team, routing and scheduling of both vehiclesand drivers and ensuring driver training and assessment is carried out. You will definitely need to have team leadership experience including the ability to keep the team motivated. You will have the confidence to escalate any issues that may arise, will be customer focused, have the ability to remain calm under pressure and flexible to meet the demands of the role.
You will need a valid Class 2 (CAT C) licence, up to date driver CPC and tacho card– if you have a CPC Manager qualification this would be an advantage, but not essential. An excellent understanding of transport compliance, such as working time directive and vehicle maintenanceis highly desirable.
In addition, computer literacy and good communication skills in English, are essential for this role.
In addition to a competitive salary of £38,400 per annum, we offer:
• Recommend a Friend Bonus Scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Free uniform
• Company Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance